Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recruiting Life and the endless game of Phone Tag…..

I have been in the search world for over 10 years and one thing that has stayed constant is the endless game of phone tag we play with our clients and our candidates, though it has evolved from a handwritten note of who called to a voice mail the game remains the same.

I work with mostly physicians, MD Clinical Researchers, and scientists, PhD in Discovery, like most of us these executives have very busy professional lives. They often only have a few minutes to “steal” between meetings to reach out to me and what they find more often than not is that I am on the phone.

As a Search Professional I spend the vast majority of my day on the phone. With the movement to communication via email I have become more accessible to people and the exchange of information has been facilitated, no more hanging over the fax machine or someone having to take detailed notes as I read them the requirements of a job, but the one-on-one direct communication it takes to get to know someone still requires people connect live.

When you finally do get me “live” I will likely apologize for being so hard to get a hold of, and I am truly sorry it does take so long, but the truth is it is because I am actively sourcing and networking that I am so tough to reach and for being a well trained headhunter that I am proud to be. I feel we add real value to the talent acquisition process, I still believe that one person can make a difference in the difficult process of drug development. I am working hard to find those key players for all my clients.

In speaking with me you will see we pay personal attention to each candidate and client. We speak with candidates about their career goals, their relocation concerns and what unique skill they feel they offer. With our clients we strive to learn what is specific about their needs, their culture and what they feel is unique about a career with their organization.

They say if you are good at something you could stick with it, and I am certainly good at phone tag, so it looks like I will be sticking with it.
If you have tried to reach me and ended up in voicemail, please keep trying or feel free to send me an email and we can schedule a specific time to speak.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences about how technology has helped or hurt your ability to communicate effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment